Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Snow Fabulous! Extra-Long Mittens

Anyone with children knows that as soon as you get them dressed to play in the snow, they are banging at the back door like some cute, two-legged boomerang.  Mostly I am returning gloves to cold fingers or tucking sleeves in to cover up cold wrists.  After a particularly lazy morning, wanting more time with my coffee and Pinterest, I took matters into my own hands!

I know you can purchase extra-long gloves in catalogs, but since that would only help me $25 and 3-5 days later, I got straight to work.  I whipped up a pair of my own whilst the offending child was dressed and waiting at the back door.

Cut the top off an adult sized sock.  Save the bottom for dusting.....good times!

Turn the top inside-out. 
Slide the inverted top over so that the cut end lines up with the cuff of the mitten. 




















Sew the sock to the cuff of the mitten.
Turn the sock right-side out.


Voila!  Extra-Long Mittens!  Snow Fabulous!
 


With the little one back outside, I warmed my coffee for the 10th time, parked in front of Pinterest and knock-knock-knock......"I've gotta go to the bathroom." 

Go Ahead, Make Childhood Magical!



No comments:

Post a Comment