Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Teaching the ABC's through Yoga!


Teaching the ABC's through Yoga!

I'll admit it, when my sister first told me about her "zen" experience with yoga, I envisioned myself in a quiet room, breathing and well, giggling.  Frankly because I am never really that quiet.  But when I attended a yoga class for myself (at the fantastic  School House Wellness Center) I was pleasantly surprised with the level of relaxation I was able to experience AND my sudden increase in maturity (I didn't giggle, not even once).  By the end of class, during the closing relaxation exercise, I fell asleep.  And was suddenly awakened by my own snoring.  Thanks for not laughing at me Tracy and Jen.  YES, I was that relaxed.

I just found this book at the end of the year, but I was able to use a few pages with my preschoolers and they loved it.  They may be little, but they can also have big worries and stresses that we quickly dismiss as simple (because they ARE simple to adults).  Give them the lifelong gift of relaxation and try it with your kids today.  Fun beautiful illustrations with a few poses per letter.  A great way to reinforce the alphabet, its letter sounds and to get their bodies moving in healthy ways.  

Go ahead, Make Childhood Magical


No comments:

Post a Comment